Similar to most Laptops out there, Samsung Laptops run on Windows Operating System, meaning the process to reset the Samsung Laptop Password remains the same as resetting the Windows OS Password. Nevertheless, some users might find it hard following along with the universal guide to remove Windows OS passwords. That is why we bring you this dedicated guide individually discussing how to unlock Samsung Laptop Password.
Read on to find out how to reset Samsung Laptop Password. You will discover three ways to bypass the Password on Samsung Laptops: all work without requiring any Password and let you enter the Windows OS while keeping your data intact.
Method 1. Best Way to Reset Samsung Laptop Password Using PassFab 4WinKey
While there are two more ways to reset the Samsung Laptop Password, PassFab 4Winkey is the most reliable, safe, and secure way to unlock Samsung Laptop Password. The reason is that the software has the highest success rate in recovering Windows passwords. Also, the program is simple to use, allowing even the least tech-literates to change the password successfully. You can learn more about PassFab 4Winket by clicking this link.
|Note: For this method, you will need another Windows OS computer and a formatted USB flash drive (be sure to recover critical data beforehand).|
Follow these simple steps to learn how to reset Samsung Laptop without a Password:
Step 1. Download and Install PassFab 4WinKey on another computer.
- After installation, Open the PassFab 4WinKey application.
- Insert the USB drive into the computer on which you have installed the application.
- From the main interface, choose USB Flash Drive.
- Click on Next to initiate the burning process.
Wait a few seconds to complete the burning process, and then Eject the USB flash drive successfully.
Step 2. Insert the USB flash drive into the locked Samsung Laptop.
- Start or Restart the Samsung Laptop and press F2 when you see the Samsung logo on the start screen. This will open the BIOS menu options.
- From there, use the arrow keys to move and access the boot menu to see the list of all drives.
- Highlight the inserted USB flash drive, and move the USB drive to the top of the list to make it a priority. (Changing Boot Order is critical because the Laptop will boot via the inserted drive, not the Hard drive on which the OS is installed).
- After making the inserted USB flash drive a priority, Save and Exit the BIOS menu. (Read the instructions on the BIOS menu).
Step 3. The Samsung Laptop will restart once you Save and Exit the BIOS menu settings.
- Upon restarting, you will see the interface of PassFab showing you the installed OS on your computer.
- Choose the Installed Windows OS and click on Next to proceed.
In the image, Windows 10 is installed on our Samsung Laptop, but the 4WinKey program works even on Windows 11, 8, 8.1, and 7.
Step 4. On the next interface, choose the desired User Account (the one created on the Samsung Laptop).
- Then on the same tab, choose Remove Account Password.
- And then click on Next.
As soon as you click on the Next toggle, PassFab will show you the progress bar of the Password removal. Once the removal completes, you will see the Reboot option.
- Click on Reboot.
Once you opt for Reboot, the Samsung laptop will restart. And Windows will not ask you for any password at the time of login for the selected User Account.
There you go! You will discover that the next two methods are not much more complex to follow. So it is best to utilize PassFab 4Winkey instead and access the Samsung Laptop with all your data and settings intact. Nevertheless, if you do not want to use any third-party tools for the Samsung Laptop Password reset process, then the following methods will assist you.
Method 2. Reset Samsung Laptop Password Using a Password Reset Disk
If you pre-created a Password Reset Disk, you could use it to Reset the Samsung Laptop Password. However, notice the word — pre-created — meaning this method works only if you have chosen to create the Password Reset Disk.
|Note: Password Reset Disk works only for the user that created it, meaning you can employ someone else’s.|
If you have created a Password Reset Disk beforehand, follow along to Unlock Samsung Laptop Password:
Step 1. Switch on the Samsung Laptop. And insert the Password Reset Disk.
- On the sign-in screen, attempt to enter the password.
- Choose Reset Password option accessible under the password command.
- As soon as you click on the option, you will see the Password Reset Wizard box.
- Select the inserted USB flash drive or CD from the list of options ‘The Password Reset Disk is in this drive:.’
- And click on Next.
Step 2. Reset the Samsung Laptop Password
- On the next screen, type in the new password.
- Confirm the password.
- Type in a hint
- Click on Next.
- Then select Finish on the next screen to save the changes successfully.
Yes, the process is more modest than the earlier method. But as mentioned, you must have a Password Reset Disk for this method to work. Moreover, it must be created from the same Samsung laptop you want to unlock. In fact, the PassFab 4WinKey system becomes longer than this because the software lets you create a universal Password Reset Disk for Windows computers. Nevertheless, another method is also included — using the Installation media — as an alternative to this Samsung Laptop Password reset process.
Method 3. How to Reset Samsung Laptop Without Password using Installation Disk
Another method to unlock Samsung Laptop Password is via the Installation disk. Yes, you need an installation disk for this method to work. But unlike the Password Reset Disk — the installation disk can be created on another computer, meaning you can create the installation disk even if you haven’t already.
Follow these simple instructions to learn how to reset Samsung Laptop Password using the installation media:
Step 1. Insert the Installation media on the Samsung Laptop that is locked out.
- Restart the Samsung Laptop boot via the installation disk.
- Press F2 to enter the BIOS menu options when you see the Samsung logo.
- Save and Exit, then restart the Samsung laptop.
Step 2. When you start, you will see a blue screen (the Windows Setup) instead of the usual Windows login screen. Once you see the blue screen (do not enter anything) — press Shift+F10 to access the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command:
|move d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe.bak|
- Press Enter.
- You will see the confirmation saying: 1 file(s) moved.
Step 3. After you see the confirmation, type in this command:
|copy d:\windows\system32\cmd.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe|
- Press Enter.
- Again, you will see the confirmation message: 1 file(s) copied.
Step 4. After the above two confirmations, type in the following command to reboot the Samsung device:
At the time of reboot, ensure to remove the installation media when the screen of the Samsung Laptop goes dark. This is crucial because the BIOS menu will direct the computer to Boot via the same installation disk again.
Step 5. Click on the Ease of Access center from the lock screen to open the Command Prompt window. (The above-two commands were to replace the Utility Center with the CMD window).
- In the command prompt, type in the following command:
|net user USERNAME PASSWORD|
|Note: Replace ‘USERNAME’ with the name of the user account that is locked out on Samsung Laptop. While replace the PASSWORD with the new password of your choice.|
Step 7. Press Enter.
Once the command is executed correctly, you will see a message: The command completed successfully.
- Close the Command Prompt.
- And enter the new password to reaccess the locked Samsung laptop password.
So, there you have it. Quite complex, but it works! And you can change the Samsung Laptop Password using this method.
|Note: You can leave the Command prompt at the Utility Center on the lock screen. Or you can restore the Ease of Access menu by following the subsequent methods: |
1. Insert the installation disk.
2. Boot via the installation media.
3. Press the Shift+10 key on the installation setup screen.
4. Type in the following command in cmd: move d:\utilman.exe d:\Windows\system32\utilman.exe
5. Press Enter.
6. Cmd will ask permission to overwrite, type — Yes.
7. Close the Cmd once you see: 1 file(s) moved message.
8. Remove the installation disk.
9. Restart the computer.
1. Can I reset the Samsung Laptop Password by formatting and resetting it?
Yes. But unlike any of these methods, formatting the Samsung laptop will come with data loss. And while you can restore the data on Windows 10 even after formatting the drive, the trouble is not worth going — given that PassFab 4WinKey will unlock the Samsung laptop conveniently.
2. Can I bypass Samsung Laptop (running Windows 10, 8, 7) admin password?
Yes, you can bypass the Samsung Laptop admin password even if you have forgotten it. You can follow this guide to bypass the admin password depending on the scenario suitable to your needs.
As you have seen, this guide caters to users of all skills to unlock Samsung Laptop Password conveniently. And hopefully, you must have reset the password successfully if you are here. If not, follow the above methods and reset the device quickly. As mentioned earlier, the first method — Reset via PassFab 4WinKey — is the most straightforward method for the Samsung Laptop Password reset process. Still, you can utilize the second method — Password Reset Disk — if you have created it earlier. And the third method caters to users having the installation disk.
Need faster recovery? PassFab 4WinKey is the way to go!